Question: Carefully examine the following works, and read about each one in your textbook, course and video lectures, and through reliable internet resources:
- Hogarth, Breakfast Scene, 1795
- David, Death of Marat, 1793
- Delacroix, Liberty Leading the People, 1830
- Goya, Third of May, 1808, 1814-15
- Courbet, The Stone Breakers, 1849
In an essay of 5-7 well-developed paragraphs, address the following questions, making specific references to the five paintings listed above:
- How did each painting reflect or inspire social change or revolution? What was the social or revolutionary context of the painting?
- What additional historical events or social factors may have influenced the creation or interpretation of each painting?
- Explain how the style and specific visual characteristics of each painting contributed to or reflected its overall content or meaning.
- Do these paintings have the same impact or meaning to audiences today? Why or why not?
Include details about the visual characteristics and content of each painting in your response.
Answer: Courbet, The Stone Breakers, 1849 is a realistic image painted to show…….