Instructions: Identify and research a business ethics crisis for scandal. You may want to review Chapter 13 and Case 13 of Dyer, Godfrey, Jensen, and Bryce (2016) for ideas. Consider how a strategic decision can negatively impact social change and how infusing ethics into business strategy can help prevent crises.
Submit a 5- to 7-page paper evaluating business ethics within the context of positive social change. Your evaluation should address the following:
- What are the essential details of the event, and what do you see as the causes of the crisis and/or negative impact to society?
- Where do you see failures in corporate governance?
- What caused the failures in the ethical culture and climate of the company?
- What ethical policy might prevent this scenario from occurring in the future?
- If you were a leader within this company, what choices would you have made differently to effect positive social change?