Question: A nurse educator is preparing an orientation on culture and the workplace. There is a need to address the many cultures that seek healthcare services and how to better understand the culture. This presentation will examine the role of the nurse as a culturally diverse practitioner.
- Choose a culture that you feel less knowledgeable about
- Compare this culture with your own culture
- Analyze the historical, socioeconomic, political, educational, and topographical aspects of this culture
- What are the appropriate interdisciplinary interventions for hereditary, genetic, and endemic diseases and high-risk health behaviors within this culture?
- What are the influences of their value systems on childbearing and bereavement practices
- What are their sources of strength, spirituality, and magicoreligious beliefs associated with health and health care?
- What are the health-care practices: acute versus preventive care; barriers to health care; the meaning of pain and the sick role; and traditional folk medicine practices?
- What are cultural issues related to learning styles, autonomy, and educational preparation of content for this culture?
Answer: The US is a multi-ethnic, thus, culture diversity and understanding is crucial in workplace settings such as healthcare facilities…….