Question: For this discussion, you will be evaluating Willis, DeSanto-Madeya, & Fawcett (2015). Moving beyond dwelling in suffering: A situation-specific theory of men’s healing from childhood maltreatment. Nursing Science Quarterly, 28(1), 57–63.
Then address the following:
Situation-Specific Theory Evaluation Criteria
- Complexity/Simplicity: Is the theory complex or simple? Explain.
- Is the theory understandable? Why or why not?
- How could this theory be made more understandable? Describe.
- Is the theory concise or wordy?
- Provide examples.
- Socio-cultural Utility
- Does the theory attend to diversity?
- If so, how?
- If not, suggest one way it can be refined to address diversity using at least one reference to support your suggestion.
- Is the theory relevant to nursing today?
- If yes, provide an example of its relevance.
- If not, please explain.
Answer: The proponents of situation-specific theories developed the model using an integrated approach…….