Instructions: Learning styles represent the different approaches to learning based on preferences, weaknesses, and strengths. For learners to best achieve the desired educational outcome, learning styles must be considered when creating a plan. Complete “The VARK Questionnaire,” located on the VARK website, and then complete the following:
- Click “OK” to receive your questionnaire scores.
- Once you have determined your preferred learning style, review the corresponding link to view your learning preference.
- Review the other learning styles: visual, aural, read/write, kinesthetic, and multimodal (listed on the VARK Questionnaire Results page).
- Compare your current preferred learning strategies to the identified strategies for your preferred learning style.
- Examine how awareness of learning styles has influenced your perceptions of teaching and learning.
In a paper (750-1,000 words), summarize your analysis of this exercise and discuss the overall value of learning styles. Include the following:
- Provide a summary of your learning style according the VARK questionnaire.
- Describe your preferred learning strategies. Compare your current preferred learning strategies to the identified strategies for your preferred learning style.
- Describe how individual learning styles affect the degree to which a learner can understand or perform educational activities. Discuss the importance of an educator identifying individual learning styles and preferences when working with learners.
- Discuss why understanding the learning styles of individuals participating in health promotion is important to achieving the desired outcome. How do learning styles ultimately affect the possibility for a behavioral change? How would different learning styles be accommodated in health promotion?