The purpose of this assignment is to have students research the measurement tools of NP performance. Through the use of quality patient outcomes, student will list and discuss three different patient interventions and how they would specifically measure the outcomes and h o w these primary care interventions result in improved patient outcomes and cost savings for the practice . In addition, students will discuss how these interventions result in improved patient ratings .
The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) was formed to ensure quality of patient care and measurement of patient outcomes with set standards.
Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) is a performance measurement tool used by millions of health insurance plans. There are 6 domains of care:
- Effectiveness of Care.
- Access/Availability of Care.
- Experience of Care.
- Utilization and Risk Adjusted Utilization.
- Health Plan Descriptive Information.
- Measures Collected Using Electronic Clinical Data Systems
As an APN, productivity will be an important measurement for the practice to determine reimbursement and salary. Fee-for-service practices will require a set number of patients per day to maintain productivity. A capitated practice will require the APN to have a large panel of patients but also will focus on controlling costs. This can be accomplished through effective primary care that is accessible, convenient for the patients and has a method of measuring quality of care.
Write a formal paper in APA format with title page, introduction, the three required elements below, conclusion and reference page.
1. You are now employed as an NP in primary care. Choose one performance measure from one of the six domains of care, i.e. Adult BMI Assessment, Prenatal and Postpartum care, etc.
Develop three different patient interventions for that one performance measure and how you would specifically implement the intervention and measure the outcomes for that particular performance measure in clinical practice.
From the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) website, discuss three patient interventions for the one performance measure.
Develop a measurement tool to track patient outcomes.
2. How would these primary care interventions result in improved patient outcomes and cost savings for the practice?
Discuss how the interventions can result in improved patient outcomes and cost savings for the practice.
3. How can these interventions result in improved NP patient ratings?
Discuss how these interventions can result in improved patient ratings (an NP’s patient scorecard).