Question: Ten states have enacted legislation granting free college tuition, and several more are considering such legislation.
Should college tuition in Texas be free?
- Explain the pros and cons of free college tuition, including the costs and benefits to society.
- Since there definitely is a cost to providing a college education, who would pay for these costs if tuition is “free”?
- College education results in a positive externality for society. Explain whether the market failure that results from this externality is already being addressed with respect to college tuition in Texas.
- What would happen to the number of students enrolled in college, and how would this impact college campuses?
- Would free tuition decrease the value of a college education? Explain why or why not.
Answer: Free college tuition will enhance literacy levels among the low-income area who cannot afford education…….