Instructions: The next step in the research process is immersing oneself in the empirical literature on your research topic to determine the extent to which your research question has been addressed. To this end, please use the online University Library to conduct a literature search on your research topic. Remember, your goal is to discover the extent to which a knowledge gap exists with regard to your specific research question.
Your task for this assignment is to:
Locate five peer-reviewed journal articles that present studies relevant to your topic, and synthesize these in an evidence table.
Based on your evidence table, address the following questions in 1-2 pages:
- What are the gaps in the available qualitative and quantitative data about your selected research topic/question?
- Which study design is most appropriate to address your research question and test your hypothesis?
- What are the components of this study design? You may describe using a diagram.
- Would this design be considered experimental or observational? Why?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the study design you selected?
- To what types of bias/threat is this study design most vulnerable? Please explain.