- Why is it important for the nurse leader to provide a reasonable and fair operation budget?
- Although budget figures are estimates of future projections, why and how should nurse leaders be prepared to explain short-term variations?
- Nurse leaders have many responsibilities when it comes to the development of the budget. What issues would be considered most important for the nurse leader in this process?
- How should a nurse leader prepare to handle minimum staffing requirement costs in the budget process in case this is challenged?
- Besides a department budget approach, what other alternatives are available in the budgeting process?
Answer: A reasonable and fair budget allows the nursing department to make decisions on the important aspects…….